FLORO TAGUINOD, GMANews.TV
The poison victims, all from
Information gathered from the staff of Medical Mission Group (MMG) Hospital in neighboring Solano town revealed that Quiyod was pronounced dead-on-arrival at on Wednesday while the others died at an interval of 30 minutes.
School authorities said the victims were given first aid treatment by school nurse Rosie Dacumos but their condition failed to improve and they were immediately rushed to the hospital.
In her report, Dacumos said the victims looked weak, their eyes partially open and their mouths were already frothing when they were brought to the school clinic.
Police said plastic bags used for making homemade ice were found inside the classroom with visible violet colored liquid residues, prompting hospital authorities to suspect that the victims consumed the “fruit juice" before falling ill.
The source of the home-made beverage has yet to be identified. School officials said they will investigate to find out how it happened.
Dr. Excelsior Valdez, MMG hospital executive director, said it may take a while before they can ascertain what toxic substance caused the death of the students since there is no registered toxicologist in the province.
The provincial office of the Department of Education has requested that an autopsy be conducted on the victims. - GMANews.TV